The Small Engine Mechanic/Technician will be responsible for the complete process of equipment and tool repair.
This is a FULL-TIME direct hire position with benefits.
SPECIFIC TASKS INCLUDE:
- Repair and maintain gas and diesel equipment.
- Repair and maintain electrical equipment.
- Repair and maintain fleet and ensure all equipment is “rental ready”, (i.e. thoroughly checked upon return from previous customer rental and prior to the next scheduled rental.)
- Prepare and present parts orders to Facility/Production Manager
- Maintain a clean and orderly shop/workspace
- Keep accurate and up to date inventory; tools, parts, shop supplies
- Advise and update Facilities/Production Manager on needed repairs and parts purchases
QUALIFIED CANDIDATE WILL:
- Have strong knowledge of mechanical and electrical repairs
- Experience with basic plumbing and 120v and 12v electrical.
- Welding and soldering experience is a plus, but not required
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Have hands on engine repair and maintenance experience; small engine and automotive
- Able read manuals and schematics
- Make quick, objective decisions; strong aptitude for trouble shooting in both mechanical and electrical
- Have previous work experience working on/repairing small engines and electrical equipment used in a commercial environment. Some examples are, but not limited to; power tools, extension cords, generators, mowers, leaf blowers (back-pack and handheld), grinders, chainsaws, loading equipment (forklift, skid steer, lull, etc.)
- Have a professional attitude and good attendance record
- Be able to continually stand as well as lift and move material up to 75 lbs
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Have basic English, Math, written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a valid driver’s license.
- Able to work overtime as required; including some Saturdays during periods of increased volume.
- Open Air facility in all seasons
- Standing for extended periods of time.
- Able to lift 100 pounds, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or
balance; walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Only U.S. Citizens or persons with a Green Card work permit may apply.
- Candidates are required to pass a Criminal Background Check and Drug Screen.
- Pay Rate: $16.00 - $24.00/HR
- Paid Vacation
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Sick Days with tenure
- 401(k) with company match
- Health Insurance,
Due to the large amount of resumes we expect to receive, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted. We will retain all other applications/resumes for any future job considerations.
This is an Equal Employment Opportunity.